Following are 10 ways how to start learning how to make generative art.
1. Learn how to use a framework or software for generative art.
There are a number of different ways to do this. Here is a mindmap as a guide. I'd suggest just looking at them and start searching for them.
2. Take a few art classes
3. Take the time to learn color theory
Color is the emotion of an image, using it wisely and in an unexpected way can help make your work shine. Check out this link for more info.
4. Start an Instagram or Twitter and keep posting
A great way to make friends and document your art creation journey. But be aware, don't let the likes and followers trip you up.
5. Find a community of interested artists
There are many different communities to name a few:
6. Discover the history of generative art
Look through the collections of Ann and Michael Spalter, then take some time and read the posts of Artnome.
7. Keep on practicing
8. Participate in mind-stretching exercises
For the past couple of years, there has been a daily prompt on creating a new piece of work called Genuary. It's a great way to just power through learning new skills at a faster pace. There are also books such as the exercises in the book, Coding as Creative Medium
9. Find your style/passions in your art
Art is about expressing who you are, your experiences, your thoughts, and your fears. Research other artists that interest you, and understand their stories. Let them inspire your story.